Sunday, March 29, 2009

Catching up with the pack

Well, I've been a bit remiss in my blogging concerning my training, mostly because I wanted it to be all sunshine and roses...now I'm realizing it's more like sunshine and rain (like the WA weather) or peaks & valleys may be a more apt description.

As far as running goes March has been amazing...my distance is picking up, the runs are starting to feel effortless and comfortable (only took 2 years). I attribute that to the weight loss but also to finally embracing what the running can do for me mentally. If I don't run for several days, I start to get anxious and tense, snappy and such. Two weeks ago I didn't blog because while the run was actually really great, my attitude pretty much bit it. The trail was nice, the team was great, the weather was decent, but wow, I had a bad attitude. I decided to blog about it after all simply because I imagine this must be what going through chemo is about. You may feel like the treatment went well and you had a good visit, but by the end of the day you're puking up your guts and feeling like a nuclear bomb went off inside of you. So I decided to shield the bad training days and just be completely honest about it all. That being said, this was a lazy week. I managed to get a great run in on Sunday last week that made up for the poopy Saturday run. I ran at lunch on Tuesday which was AWESOME! I'm hoping to do more of that this week. I intended to go on my long run this week...so prepared, everything laid out the night before...but I woke up at 4:30am which was an hour early, already in a mood and surprisingly (gasp) it was raining. So I turned off the alarm and decided a week to sleep in was in order...However, today the sun is shining and I'm looking forward to a good long run.

As for the fundraising, it's going great! We're at an official $700 and there is another $122 waiting to be deposited this week. That's more than 80% of our goal, but we're not there yet. We still need your help! Even if it's just $5, every little bit helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment